Just me

Sunday 16 September 2012

Abandoned!

I knew something was up. Mum had been taking me to visit the nice men 3 doors down the road. They seemed very friendly and let me have a good sniff around their house and garden. We didn't stay long but it was nice to visit. THEN Mum took me there with my fluffy duvet bed, and my food, and my food and water bowls, and the extender lead, and the poo-bags bag AND SHE LEFT ME THERE!! HOWWWWWWWWLLLLLL!
She was gone a few days, they all blur into one now. David seemed to like me best and gave the best cuddles so I followed him everywhere. I was impressed when he pee'd into that big bowl thing Mum usually sits down on. I decided to sleep downstairs as their staircase is weird and goes round a corner. My duvet bed is lovely and comfy so that wasn't a problem and David came to let me out in the morning. They took me for walkies but kept me on the lead. Then Mum came back! I had to be careful not to seem to pleased to see her. I wanted to leap on her and cover her in licks, but she was the one who left me and went away!! She took me home, then I couldn't wait any longer and pressed myself up against her and stood on her feet when she sat down to cuddle me. Oh it was SO good to be home with her again.
Life since has been pretty routine until last week when she went out for hours on end, and that nice man Craig came to let me out in the garden and give me my dinner. He smells familiar and has been here quite often to visit Mum, so he must be a good friend. Mum was home every night so I slept well in her bedroom.
It is definitely getting harder to get up and down the stairs. I may start sleeping downsatirs sometimes at night. It is hard to get off my lovely comfy, warm duvet nest to go and pee before bed time and then try and get upstairs. It is much easier to just fall back on my bed downstairs, but I do like to sleep near Mum at night. I love those early morning cuddles when I jump up on her bed next to her and snuggle up.
The weather has been lovely for the last week or two and I've felt good and enjoyed running around the park. I've met Alfie a few times - he's a cute small terrier but is he yappy! He's always pleased to see me but is only really interested in his ball and making his master throw it for him. Yap yap yap! Pesky youngster!

There's always good smells around the park. Loads of dogs go there and leave messages for other dogs to sniff out.
There was a nasty encounter the other day. An uppity boxer dog decided he didn't like the look of this soft retriever type and attacked him. The owners managed to stop it quickly but it sounded dreadful and from the yelp I'm sure the retriever got nipped. If a dog gets nasty with me I just run away. But most of the dogs I meet are friendly or just ignore me. I went to say hello to this little hairy thing, I think Mum said it was a Yorkie, whatever that is, and the perishing little hairy rat growled and snarled at me! So much for being friendly! Oh well - it was too small to play with me anyway!
Mum's been busy cleaning round and put fresh bedding in the back bedroom - that means we've got a visitor coming! Hope it's someone nice!
I'll let you know when I know who it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment