Just me

Sunday 1 January 2012

Paws for thought

What a dreadful night! All those nasty bangs and whooshes from the time it got dark until my bedtime. Heaven only knows what was going on. Mum even had the blimming noisy things on TV! I spent the whole evening hiding away by the boiler. At least it was warm and the noises were not too bad until just as we were going to bed. There was a terrible burst of bangs and flashes very close to our house up on the recreation field. I was desperate for a wee but no way was I going out with the bangs still going on. Mum said wait 10 mins then it should be all quiet. So we sat down again and Mum gave me lovely cuddles for a while. I adore her bum rubs, she is gentle yet firm and it gets my thigh muscles going. I love tummy tickles too. If she stops I give her a nudge to carry on. When Mum let me out to pee before bed, I could hear some very faint bangs but I was so desperate to go by then I didn't care. I dashed out, squatted and pee'd forever!

I slept on the floor bed last night. Mum was making funny noises and smells so the floor seemed safer. It was not cold and I slept really well. Mum got up and went to the loo when it was just getting light then back into bed. Boy can she snore! All sorts of weird gurglings and snorts until what seemed quite late.
I was hoping for a nice walk this afternoon but it's not looking good. I've just been out for a pee and it's raining again. It's not at all cold out but I hate getting wet with rain. I love splashing through puddles and ponds but rain is dreadful.
Mum did take me with her friend Linda and that hooligan Yarna to the beach yesterday. At least Linda had her dog whistle with her so could get Yarna to come back when she went off chasing other dogs. That left the beach clear for me to run on *woof woof*. It was great! I felt so good I did my crazy backwards 'helicopter spin' before setting off to run big circles around on the sand. I don't know why but there was a small bunch of people on the promenade watching me and laughing at my spins. They watched me running about. I LUUURVE running on the sand. It grips and yet is soft. I have not run so much so fast for a while. It just felt so good. Yarna had a good time romping with other dogs and digging in the sand. I'm not sure what she sees in digging but she seemed to enjoy it. I did find my leg aching by the time we got back to the car :( and after I'd had my dinner I was ready for my bed. It all seems fine today but I don't think we will be beach walking today :(
Hope you get all the walkies you want, and lovely dinners too.
*woofs and licks*

No comments:

Post a Comment